Skip Navigation
West Virginia Timeline - Record Detail

February 6, 1885

Item Details: Record Id: 5000
Description:  The Haddix, Shafter's Fork and Black Fork Boom and Lumber Company was incorporated in West Virginia by the following: M. E. Howe, E. B. Stone of Rowlesburg, Preston County; J. D. Howe of Howesville, WV; George Hayes of Philadelphia; and C. Stockham, Jr., of Camden, NJ. The company's purpose was to construct booms or dams across the Shafer's Fork of Cheat River in Tucker County with one mile of the mouth of Haddix Creek, and across the Black Fork of Cheat River within two miles of the confluence of the Little Black Fork and Dry Fork. The company's main office was at St. George, Tucker County.
Source: Acts of the West Virginia Legislature.
See Also: Commerce. Industrial. Timber Industry.
       

Records maintained by West Virginia Archives & History