The West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts are proud to work with artists, arts organizations, schools and community groups across the Mountain State to help provide a thriving environment for creative expression and appreciation for the arts.
Through grants and technical services funded by the West Virginia Legislature and the National Endowment for the Arts, we collaborate with artists, schools and nonprofit organizations to help provide cultural activities that improve the quality of life in West Virginia, help provide a complete education to our children and boost economic development in communities throughout the state.
Whether you’re interested in applying for a grant, bringing new cultural experiences to your community or needing advice for expanding currents services, the Arts staff is here to answer your questions and assist you in taking advantage of these services.
If you need to contact a member of the Arts Staff, click
West Virginia Commission on the
Arts member list.
Lance Schrader, [email protected], Ext. 145
Cedrick Farmer, [email protected], ext. 155
- Community Arts Project Support, Community Arts MiniGrant, Arts Partners, Peer Assistance Program, ARP Operating Support, Marketing Support for Arts Organizations
Jim Wolfe, [email protected], ext. 717
- Arts in Education, STEAM Power WV
Elizabeth Yeager, [email protected], Ext. 152
- Professional Development for Artists, Training and Travel, Marketing Support for Artists, Folk Arts, ARP for Individual Artists
Jenna Green, [email protected], Ext. 725
- Cultural Facilities and Capital Resources, ADA Compliance, Rural Youth Engagement thru Public Art, Creative Aging Through Lifelong Learning
Barbara Smoot, [email protected], Ext. 154
Paul Neil, [email protected], Ext. 148
- Webinars related to the arts and COVID-19, links to CDC guidance on health, safety, and mass gatherings, additional links and resources
- Artist and arts organizations preparedness, protecting yourself and your career, additional resources
- Principles for Ethical Cancellations put out by a Minnesota-based organization
- U.S. Dept. of Arts & Culture, Community Care in the Time of Coronavirus
Remote Teaching Facebook Group
- Online Art & Design Studio Instruction in the Age of “Social Distancing
Advocacy for Relief
- Compose your message to leaders about the arts nonprofits need for COVID-19 relief
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response
- Platform for live streaming events amid the COVID-19 crisis